If you're looking for new and original ways to say 'good night,' you've come to the right place. There are many different phrases and expressions you can use, so it's time to get creative.
Let's start with phrases that are appropriate for use in casual settings, so with friends and family, but also colleagues you are close to on the way out of the office or if you're leaving an office party.
Don't use these with your boss, though!
1. Night Night
2. Sweet dreams!
3. Sleep well.
4. Have a good sleep.
5. Sleep tight.
6. Have a peaceful night, babe.
7. Get some sleep, gorgeous.
8. Can’t wait to see you in the morning!
9. Time for me to go to bed. See you tomorrow love.
10. Night night buddy.
11. Goodnight, horrible dreams.
12. Time to hit the hay!
13. Hope you have pleasant nightmares!
14. Don’t stay up too late, or the sandman might get you!
15. Hope you sleep like a baby.
16. Right, I’m off to bed. Laters, guys.
17. My mattress is calling me. See you tomorrow mom.
But if you want something extra special, then read on.
18. Dream about me!
19. Goodnight, love of my life.
20. I’ll be dreaming of your face!
21. I’ll dream of you tonight and see you tomorrow, my love.
22. Can’t wait to wake up next to you!
23. I’ll sleep with you in my heart.
24. Kiss me goodnight!
25. Did you bring your sexy PJs?
26. Try to get some sleep.
27. Sleep well, my darling.
28. Night, I love you.
29. I hope to see you in my dreams tonight.
30. I love the nighttime, but I would love it even more if you were here.
31. Night night babe.
32. Night night honey.
33. Until tomorrow.
34. Hope you’re having a good night, love.
35. I just wanted to text to say good night and that I’m thinking of you.
36. My bed feels empty without you!
37. I just couldn't sleep without saying I love you. Good night.
38. I’m already looking forward to your good morning text.
39. I can’t sleep because I can’t stop thinking of you.
40. I’m just about to fall asleep, so I wanted to drop you a quick text first to say I’ll be dreaming of you.
41. The stars look so beautiful tonight, but not nearly as beautiful as you.
42. Sending you kisses and hugs on this beautiful night.
43. I wish we were snuggling right now.
44. Can you send me a selfie? I want your face to be the last thing I see at night.
45. I wish I could fall asleep in your arms.
46. Just texting to say I love you before bed. Sleep well.
47. I wish I was falling asleep next to you tonight.
48. I’m about to doze off, but I just wanted to let you know I’m thinking of you.
49. I think it’s time for you to take a rest. You’ve been running through my mind all day.
50. I have a meeting overnight at Dreamland. I'll call when I get back.
51. Use a pillow. Hug it, thinking about me.
52. It's late. Let's continue in your dreams.
53. You are in my heart tonight, tomorrow, and forever.
54. I wish you were here in bed with me. Xoxo.
If you're in a formal setting and need to say 'good night,' you can use one of the following expressions.
55. Have a pleasant night!
56. Have a good sleep.
57. I hope you sleep well.
58. I hope you have a restful night.
59. Good night sir!
60. I’ll see you bright and early in the office tomorrow.
61. Good night ma’am; all the best for tomorrow.
62. Thank you for a lovely evening, and I hope to see you again soon.
63. I will now say good night and enjoy the rest of your evening.
Below are some cute expressions and phrases to use with kids when you're tucking them in at night.
64. Go to bed, you sleepy head.
65. Time to ride the rainbow to dreamland.
66. Nighty night.
67. Lights out!
68. See ya’ in the mornin’!
69. I’ll be right here in the morning.
70. I’ll be dreaming of you!
71. Dream of Mama/Papa!
72. Sleep well, my little prince/princess!
73. Sleep snug as a bug in a rug!
74. Don’t let the bed bugs bite.
75. I love you to the stars and back!
76. I’ll see you in Dreamland.
77. Can I have a kiss goodnight?
78. Let’s count some sheep.
79. Dream sweetly. Sleep peacefully.
80. I’m going to miss you while I sleep!
81. I’ll be back to wake you up for school.
82. May your pillow be soft and your dreams be sweet.
83. Sleep tight. Remember to close your eyes.
So now you see, there are plenty of ways to say 'good night.' So many, in fact, that you have no need to ever use the same one twice.
Here are some tips:
And if you enjoyed this article, you might like to read some of our others like this. Head over to our blog!